Permanent residence within the Wichita area.
Established record of accomplishments as a working professional artist.
1. Active and current exhibition record;
a. Including Local, Regional & National exhibitions, galleries and shows.
2. Involved in art related activities and organizations;
a. Membership in artist guilds, societies; teaching classes, workshops.
*High level of expertise, knowledge and skill in chosen 2-D medium; painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, mixed media, etc.
Capable of fulfilling responsibilities and obligations of membership
Committed to the current and future success of Gallery XII
*Gallery XII places the highest value on the quality/caliber of work submitted.
1. The opportunity to associate, exhibit and network with other working artists in the Wichita area.
2. A year round permanent space for exhibiting and selling your work.
3. A Solo Exhibition with public reception/opening every two years.
4. Increased local & regional visibility through gallery events, publicity and advertising.
5. Participation in out-of-gallery exhibitions in local and regional art centers, galleries, and businesses.
Stage 1: Contact the Gallery representative for New Members and inform him/her of your intent to apply for membership.
Stage 2: Submit, in person, email, or by U.S. mail a current resume, artist statement, brief biography, exhibition record, 15-20 examples (slides or computer disc) of your current best work limited to one medium: ex. oil painting), and a SASE for return of slides or CD’s.
Stage 3: If the materials reviewed by the membership are found to be acceptable, the applicant will be asked to submit five works (professionally presented) to the membership for a final review and to appear at a meeting of the members to discuss their work. This permits both the members and the applicant to meet each other and honestly assess each other.
Stage 4: The Membership Chair will notify the applicant within 48 hours of the Stage 3 meeting informing the applicant of his/her acceptance or rejection.
1. Annual membership fee of $400; paid in two installments of $200. Due during the first week of January and July
2. Members staff the Gallery during regular business hours and special events. This will involve working anywhere from 1-½ to 3 days per month. Members may specify which days they will be available to work the gallery and may also swap assigned days with other members as necessary.
3. Meetings are held in the evening of the 2nd Monday of each month to conduct gallery business. All members are expected to attend as often as possible.
4. All members are expected to share the responsibilities and obligations necessary to meet the business requirements of the gallery; this includes serving on committees, participating in gallery events, special occasions and assisting in any activities outside of the gallery such as group exhibitions, leasing exhibitions or receptions.